The Larchmont Historical Fire Company makes house calls! We don’t respond to fire alarms, but we offer five-alarm service – our Sizzlin’ Firefighters’ Barbecue.
We provide a three-course in your back yard for 12 or more people. Here’s what happens:
- We show up in our historical uniforms with Engine One and with our Chief’s Car – a 1910 1-cylinder Brush Autocar.
- We set up our mobile fire museum.
- We serve a hors d’oeuvre course.
- We provide a blind craft-brewed beer tasting, providing 3 beers to sample during each course.
- We provide a main course including salmon fillets grilled in a lemon-ginger marinade, and flank steak grilled in a spicy firefighters’ barbecue sauce.
- We provide a custom dessert, selected for your occasion.
- Between courses we re-enact a traditional fire inspection, in our vintage uniforms including illuminated helmets, and re-enact the Chief’s charge to the members of the Larchmont Fire Department, in 1922, when Engine One went into service.
- If children are present, we also do a demonstration of the chemistry behind the operation of a traditional fire extinguisher.
- If children are present, we also provide grilled hot dogs.
For insurance reasons and because both our our antique vehicles are museum-quality restorations, we do not offer rides. However, we do provide small-group guided tours of each vehicle, and we demonstrate the operation of the vehicle with the motor. The Brush Autocar has a 1-cylinder motor, and the 1922 American LaFrance pumper has a motor that runs via two separate electrical systems. It is also equipped with a state-of-the-art (for 1922) chemical extinguisher.
We can provide our barbecues through-out lower Westchester. We provide these barbecues to support the cost of restoration and maintenance of the Engine One. Our charge is $995 for the first 12 attendees, and $85 for each additional adult or $65 for each additional child up to a maximum of 24 persons overall. We can accommodate larger groups based on arrangements that are worked out for the occasion. If you contact us to express interest, we schedule a home visit where we mutually develop an event plan, set a date, and work out any special arrangements that might be desired.
Email us at ______ for inquiries.